Tuesday, November 13, 2012

A brief update/plans going forward...

Well it is now November, been a while since I posted anything. My goal is to be a bit more active in my postings. The summer was busy as always, and my trading was very infrequent. I have spent the last month reorganizing thoughts and examining exactly what my hopes and goals are for the future. I turned 27 in September and realized I have been trading in some form or another for 14 years (I first got my start investing in stocks at 13 years old). It has been a great adventure, full of both great joy and great disappointment. During October I took time to refocus my efforts on my 'roots' in the stock market and began adapting what I have spent years testing and trading both in spot forex and futures to stocks. The progression of my trading has been detailed on this blog so far, including when I started the blog doing rainbow scalping on the Euro, then the move to trading futures (both currency and equity/oil), and now what will hopefully be my final trading move - daytrading stocks. The blog itself has a new look/location, however the trades I take are obviously rooted around the same styles and systems I have grown familiar with over the years, the only difference being I will be taking trades on the stock market. A little about my style: I basically have a few setups I look for as in most trading systems. I start my days watching the news (I switch between golf news and market news haha), then do a bit of pre-market research and scanning to build a list of stocks I'll be following for the morning. Sometimes I look for the push to certain levels to catch reversals (as I used to in scalping the Euro), sometimes I look for pushes followed by a pullback and continuation (such as when I traded renko bars on the futures markets) and sometimes I catch breakouts. The great thing about the stock market (to me anyway) is that there are thousands of stocks to choose from, so I can be guaranteed a few good setups no matter the market conditions. I will really make the extra effort to update each evening on the day's activity by posting my trades and sometimes charts and explanations etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment