Monday, April 2, 2012

monday

As a follow up to my live trade posted earlier...traded the tf and nq futures today. Reason I traded the NQ was to be able to trade 2 contracts while keeping my risk the same (nq is $5/tick while tf is $10)..this was to test out letting the second contract go for a bigger target, u will notice on the nq chart the trailing stop lines above or below price, I basically trail the second contract's stop up in an effort to catch the long runs..

TF started slowly and followed the ruled, market started pushing upwards so then buys were in finished net +18 ticks



NQ: similar chart to the tf, buys were in and here you can see the 2 exits, first at 16 ticks and second trailing the stop dots up..finished net +20ticks per contract on the nq



The big mover today was oil..I did not trade oil as was busy with the other markets however I did take a look at the oil chart and marked entries only just for hindsight...oil would have given well over +100 ticks per contract..



I'll keep an oil chart up in the background from now on to take advantage if it's moving well like today again...

1 comment: